ANANDA MARGA COLLEGE
RAGGING IN ANY FORM IS BANNED INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS. STRICT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST THOSE INDULGING IN RAGGING. SUSPENSION AND OR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE HOSTEL/COLLEGE IS ONE OF THE ACTIONS TAKEN IMMEDIATELY. SUPREME COURT HAS ALSO DEFINED RAGGING AS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
- Prohibition of Ragging: Ragging within or outside any educational institution is prohibited.
- Penalty for Ragging: Whoever directly or indirectly, participates in abets or propagates “ragging” within or outside any educational institution shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to find which may extend to 10000 Rupees.
- Dismissal of student: Any student convicted of an offence under the section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
- Suspension of student:
- Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, whenever any student complaints of ragging to the Head of an educational institution, or to any other person responsible for management of the educational institution, such head of the educational institution or person responsible for the management educational institution shall enquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
- The decision of the Head of the educational institution or person responsible for the management of educational institution is final if any student has indulged in ragging.