ANANDA MARGA COLLEGE
The College has Hostel facility for Boys. The intention is to provide lodging and fooding support to far of students with the most conducive Ashramic atmosphere to pursue studies in peace and comfort. There are 2 boys’ hostels, each seating 20-40 students. Spacious rooms with single and double occupancy as per availability are available. Separate Prayer room, Kitchen with Dining Hall, Open terrace, Playground, etc are also available. Strict discipline is maintained inside the hostels. Hostel Superintendent is the in-charge of the Hostel.
ANANDA MARGA COLLEGE HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS -
- Application for admission to hostel shall be made in the prescribed form, which can be collected from the College Administration or Hostel Office. The initial Hostel fee (ONE QUARTER) has to be paid during the time of taking admission in the college.
- Allotment of rooms shall be made by the orders of Hostel Superintendent on a “First Come First Served” basis.
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them and should not change/exchange rooms without prior permission from the Hostel Superintendent /Hostel Authorities. Violations of this rule will result in the Expulsion of the student concerned from the hostel.
- Hostel Furniture shall not be removed from one room to another under any circumstances. Students are responsible for the care of furniture and fittings in their respective rooms. The cost of furniture and fittings will be recovered from them in case of any damage or loss along with the fine of Rs.1000/-.
- Students are not allowed to use extra electrical fitting in their rooms unless permitted by the Hostel Authorities.
- All the rooms, doors and windows should be kept neat and tidy. A fine of Rs.1000 will be levied for disfiguring of doors, glass panels, Furniture and walls of rooms from the resident(s) of the room in addition to the amount needed for repairing and repainting the above.
- Students should keep the toilets and bathrooms clean, failing which a collective fine of Rs.3000/- will be collected from the residents of the respective floors.
- Residents are instructed to switch off the lights and fans when they go out of the rooms, to save electric power. A fine of Rs.50/- per day will be collected from the residents of the rooms, who violate this instruction.
- A Collective fine of Rs.1000/- will be collected from the residents of respective blocks for disfiguring the common rooms or damaging the public property of hostel blocks, in addition to the replacement cost.
- A Collective fine of Rs.1000/- will be collected from the residents of the respective wings/floors for disfiguring Veranda’s and Bathrooms in addition to the amount needed for repairing the above.
- Guests /Visitors are not permitted to enter any rooms allotted to the residents. Anyone who violates or helps to violate this rule will be levied a fine of Rs.1000/- and will be evicted from the hostel by the hostel authorities.
- Students should not arrange any functions or meeting within the hostel /college campus or outside the campus, without prior permission from the Principal and Hostel Superintendent.
- If any misuse of computers and mobile phones in hostel rooms is brought to notice of Hostel authorities the respective resident(s) will be expelled from the hostel.
- Any student who is removed from the college will automatically stop to be a member of the hostel.
- Accommodation in the hostel will not be given to students who are not active boarders in the hostel.
- No student should stay away from the hostel on any day without the prior permission of the concerned Hostel Superintendent.
- Abnormal activities of any nature causing disturbance to neighbours should not be carried out in the rooms.
- Students should not paste any posters /pictures etc on the walls, doors, windows and shelves. Cut-outs should not be placed or brought in the hostel.
- Student should not keep large amount of cash or costly items like mobile phones, camera, Electronic gadgets, jewellery etc. in their rooms. Hence complaint about loss or theft about such costly items is discouraged.
- Married students are not eligible for hostel accommodation.
- Students should not keep Mopeds, Motor cycles, Scooters and cars in the hostel premises.
- Students should settle in their rooms at 9 pm at studies on normal days and at 10 pm on Saturdays and Sundays & maintain silence.
- The hostel will be personally inspected by the Hostel Superintendent and other authorities regularly. The residents will be subjected to severe disciplinary action if they fail to follow above mentioned rules and regulations.
- All residents must take care of their own belongings.
BOARDING RULES FOR STUDENTS OPTING FOR COLLEGE HOSTEL:
- The Hostel fee is to be paid on quarterly (3 months) basis. The initial fee has to be paid during the time of taking admission in the college.
- The Hostel month will be from 5th of the preceding month to the 4th of the current month (Both days inclusive).All hostel due should be paid before the 5th of that month positively.
- For late payment a fine of Rs.50/-(Rupees Fifty only) per day will be collected up to 25th .After 25th and up to the end of the month, a fine of Rs.100/-(Rupees one hundred only) will be collected.
- From first of next month, the defaulted boarders will be expelled from the mess (not permitted to dine in the mess) till he/she clears mess dues with fine. If he/she is expelled for three times he will not be permitted to stay in the hostel further.
- If any student discontinues from the hostel it will be intimated to the government and any scholarship will be provided only to active boarders.
- Fine particulars will also be given to the parent.
- No reductions will be given for absences in the mess. Only on special cases a reduction is permitted with due permission from the Principal & Hostel Superintendent well in advance, preferably before 2 days.
- TIMING FOR THE MESS:
Food On Working Days On Holidays Breakfast 07.00 a.m. to 8.00 a.m. 07.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. Lunch 12.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. 12.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. Snacks 05.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. 05.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. Dinner 07.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. 07.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Voluntary work & Plantation is mandatory part of hostel life.
- Sadhana, Kiirtan is ALSO mandatory part of hostel life.